Requests for highlights for KDevelop, KDev-PHP, KDev-Python 5.5 announcement:: deadline 31st Jan.

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Jan 27 20:23:05 GMT 2020

On Montag, 27. Januar 2020 19:19:32 CET Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if you remember any interesting things which will be new in KDevelop 5.5 and
> which you would like to see highlighted in the release announcement, please
> report them here:
> * ideally some text which just needs proof-reading (you know your addition
> best)
> * if possible, post screenshots (UI in English ideally, with
> standard configuration) which could be used.
>
> See the news about the 5.4 release, I would follow that pattern:
>         https://www.kdevelop.org/news/kdevelop-540-released
>
> Myself I have right now an empty list of highlights, so your input is
> needed!

I've just glanced over `git log --oneline 5.4..5.5` and indeed it doesn't look
like any huge major thing got changed. But that's not too bad - a lot still
has happened after all :) Thanks everyone!

For the marketing blurb of the release (which is always the worst part of
doing a release for me), I suggest you add something along the lines of:

> This release concentrates on stability and performance. Additionally, many
areas of the code were touched with an eye on future maintainability.

Cheers

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de