Bumping min. requirements to Qt 5.8 & KF 5.50 for KDevelop 5.6?

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Mon Feb 10 23:32:24 GMT 2020

Hi,

On Monday, 10 February 2020 15:52:35 CET Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Are the KDevelop maintainers fine with KDevelop 5.6 reaching only users via
> packaged distribution no longer on Ubuntu LTS 18.04? Like, hoping at the
> time of KDevelop 5.6 (surely post 20.04) they have mostly jumped to the
> then latest LTS version?

as mentioned in the RR already, I don't see a big issue with this. In my
experience over the years listening to user questions on forum.kde.org and on
IRC, almost all of the people with old Ubuntu LTS are at work and simply want
to use an up-to-date KDevelop. They are completely happy with the AppImage.
The maybe-mismatching icon theme of this one application is not the level of
pain this user group operates at. ;)

Best,
Sven