D21156: Fix browse mode not disabled after Ctrl is released

Kevin Funk noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 26 09:33:37 BST 2019

kfunk added a comment.

  In D21156#486774 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21156#486774>, @simgunz wrote:

  > In D21156#486717 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21156#486717>, @aacid wrote:
  >
  > > If you're not using arc you should have included the "Differential Revision" line in the commit so it would close automatically as stated in https://community.kde.org/Policies/Commit_Policy#Special_keywords_in_GIT_and_SVN_log_messages
  > >
  > > I'll close this manually for you :)
  >

  > In the phabricator guide it is suggested to push manually when the target branch in not master:
  >
  > https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Phabricator#Landing_on_the_.22Stable_branch.22
  >
  > Wouldn't make more sense to do `arc land --onto 5.3` (and then merge 5.3 into master)? In this way the Differential Revision would be closed automatically.

  I suggest to do a `arc amend` (to basically update the commit message with current reviewers, "Differentiatl Revision" line, etc.) and then `git push` your change manually to the right branch. Let's you use your normal git command-line to actually push changes, which to me is a much more thrust-worthy approach than to rely on arc to do that for me...

  > Final question: for discussing things like this, regarding the https://community.kde.org guides, what is the most appropriate place? Opening a discussion on the Wiki page? Or is it therea bugs.kde.org section for this (I could not find an obvious one).

  kde-community at kde.org probably.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL