D21589: Duplicate Visual Studio 2017 hack for VS 2019

Simon Redman noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 10 19:29:52 BST 2019

sredman added a comment.

  In D21589#477604 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21589#477604>, @brauch wrote:

  > Why did you replace the registry query by a fixed path?

  Which part of the patch are you referring to? I didn't intentionally do anything differently than the VS2017 hack, I tried to just duplicated that same method for VS2019.
  For VS2015 and earlier, it appears the installer defined an environment variable pointing to the tools which the previous versions of this script used. For VS2017+, that variable doesn't seem to exist
  (I have VS2015 and VS2019 on my computer, which is my basis for making the above claims)

  In D21589#477661 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21589#477661>, @Petross404 wrote:

  >   echo Define which compiler for VS2017 to use. Possible architectures are:
  >

  > VS2017 should change too. Any ideas if this should print the VS exact version or just a generic question?

  Oops. Good catch. Would it work to just say `Define which toolchain to use. Possible architectures are:` rather than me having to go any further into Windows Batch scripting than I have to? :)

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21589