Reminder: please file review requests on gitlab now (invent.kde.org); use "Allow commits..."

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Jul 15 18:56:00 BST 2019

Hi,

by recent comment of some long-time contributor, seems it slipped attention/
memory of some people (despite having commented on the announcement, tss :) ),
and given the lack of noise of gitlab in spam on the mailinglist or in commit
messages, which hides it out of view for people not actively using gitlab, let
me re-post below.

One hint for everyone using gitlab:

When you create review requests, do not forget to enable the

    [X] "Allow commits from members who can merge to the target branch."

flag. This enables reviewers to rebase & land merge request directly, instead
of having to wait for the reviewer themselves to do so.

As the gitlab test phase is not yet completed, there also is no public how-to-
gitlab yet on community.kde.org. If you have questions or want assistance, you
will have to ask on the mailinglist or on #kdevelop irc, please.

Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2019, 00:19:07 CEST schrieb Milian Wolff:
> Hey all,
>
> in case you didn't notice: KDevelop is taking part in the test run of using
> gitlab instead of phabricator. See:
>
> https://invent.kde.org/kde/kdevelop
>
> Most notably, direct pushes now need to go to the gitlab remote:
>
> git at invent.kde.org:kde/kdevelop.git
>
> For review requests, fork kdevelop on invent.kde.org and then push your
> changes to a branch in your fork. The `git push` is then answered by the
> remote with a link you can use to create a review request. This workflow is
> pretty much what we know from GitHub.
>
> Review requests on phab are also still allowed, and I hope we can go through
> the open changes there and get them in where it makes sense...

Cheers
Friedrich