How to make the CTags plugin default disabled for only KDevelop, but not Kate?

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Thu Jul 11 15:48:35 BST 2019

On Thursday, 11 July 2019 16:27:52 CEST santilin wrote:
> On 10/7/19 23:03, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Opinions? Better ideas?
>
> As a long term user of Kdevelop but a beginner looking inside it, I have
> always found difficult to understand the Kdevelop settings.
>
> I used to think that when I went to Settings -> Configure Kdevelop, I
> was setting the session properties unrelated to any loades project, and
> then, when I went to Project -> Open configuration I could set up the
> project properties. Not long ago, I understood that Settings ->
> Configure Kdevelop configures the session (and still I am not a hundred
> percent sure) from what I have been wondered recently where do I set up
> the settings prior to the session.
>
> I'm using a slow computer and I want to disable as much plugins as
> possible, and I find that for every new session, I have to uncheck all
> the plugins I don't need. If I had a place to tell Kdevelop no to load
> some plugins when I create a new session, I'd be very happy.

Heya,

<hack alert>
One way to solve this is to set a environment variable in e.g. your .bashrc:

Example:
  export KDEV_DISABLE_PLUGINS=KDevWelcomePage

This variable takes a ';'-separated list of plugin IDs which will not be
loaded. A plugin's ID can be found in the "Id" key in the plugin's .json file.
</hack alert>

Sorry, I don't think there's a better solution. I agree that is not entirely
clear where a setting is stored as well. Even I as a maintainer am confused
about this in KDevelop. :(

Regards,
Kevin