Feature : Format source on save

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Jul 10 13:17:13 BST 2019

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2019, 12:25:21 CEST schrieb Gaƫl Le Baccon:
> Hello,
>
> I try to implement feature that format current source file on save. I
> modified TextDocument::save function to do that but it seems that this
> function is only called when a document is saved when we trigger build
> action (automatic save of modified documents).
>
> After investigation I noticed that the save action (ctrl+s or save button)
> call directly KTextEditor::documentSave.

This seems a feature requested a lot, so looking forward to you tackling
this. Sadly currently almost all KDevelop contributors are short on time,
myself concentrating on getting at least a release done.

I would assume though the Kate developers would find a system for handlers
before/after action foo (like Saving) interesting as well.
So I would propose you approach them as well, even more as this might need
extensions to the KTextEditor interfaces, where they are the maintainers. And
once implemented/designed, KDevelop could then follow Kate, as both are
similar in being wrappers to KTextEditor.

Cheers
Friedrich