Please test experimental AppImage in preparation for 5.3.3 release (esp. Python & PHP)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Jul 10 11:46:17 BST 2019

Hi,

played around last night with our custom KDevelop AppImage creation, and
managed to do one with some updated dependencies \o/

Please help by testing it a bit to see if this works good enough. Especially
WRT Python & PHP, where I have no usage experience myself.

Get it from
	 https://files.kde.org/kdevelop/
(possibly will see a few versions, just look at the date and file name, right
now there is only KDevelop-5.3.3pre-x86_64.AppImage)

When it comes to Python, the deps built into the AppImage possibly could get
bumped to some newer version as well, but that needs input from someone who
is into Python. "3.6.7" is what is used in the appimage build (not sure
exactly if something ends up in the final appimage itself and if important or
not).

See the related merge request where updated guide how to appimage kdevelop
and the newer dep versions are set:
https://invent.kde.org/kde/kdevelop/merge_requests/35

Cheers
Friedrich