Scheduling releases of 5.4.0 and 5.3.3

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Jul 5 20:12:09 BST 2019

Am Freitag, 5. Juli 2019, 20:57:33 CEST schrieb Christoph Cullmann:
> I have a short question: Why not just let KDevelop be released with KDE
> Applications
> like e.g. Kate?
>
> Do independent releases really help?

When it comes to releases, what work is shifted to the people doing the
release work? Tarballing, tagging and uploading. Which IMHO is not really the
hard part of a release (and releaseme makes it even simpler).

The actual work is the promo. And testing what gets released. That work is not
shifted.

And what one loses is the flexibility to do release schedule matching own work
patterns or 3rd-party needs.

At least from my Okteta experience, own releases make more possible, at low
additional cost.

Cheers
Friedrich