D18224: Clang Plugin: Report some problems from included files

Aaron Puchert noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 25 02:07:36 GMT 2019

aaronpuchert added a comment.

  To some extent that problem is going to disappear as soon as concepts <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concepts_(C%2B%2B)> are more widely used. GCC ≥ 6 already supports them and I expect Clang to follow suit — there is already a prototype <https://github.com/saarraz/clang-concepts>.

INLINE COMMENTS

Not yet <http://clang.llvm.org/docs/InternalsManual.html#internals-diag-translation>, but it seems they want <https://stackoverflow.com/a/7382357> to <http://clang.llvm.org/docs/InternalsManual.html#Diagnostics>.

> parsesession.cpp:239-240
> +    // subproblem in this document, or with an empty range in this document in case
> +    // such a subproblem does not exist. This is required to make the problem show up
> +    // in the problem reporter for this file, since it filters by finalLocation.
> +    // It will also lead the user to the correct location when clicking the problem

Wouldn't it be easier to relax that filtering?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D18224