Error: No known features for CXX compiler compiling kdev-executebrowser

santilin software at noviolento.es
Fri Jan 11 16:54:09 GMT 2019

On 9/1/19 8:53, Kevin Funk wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 January 2019 19:30:37 CET santilin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> when trying to cmake kdev-executebrowser from
>> git://anongit.kde.org/kdev-executebrowser I got the following error:
>>
>> CMake Error in CMakeLists.txt:
>>     No known features for CXX compiler
>>
>>     "GNU"
>>
>>     version 8.2.0.
>>

>> Searching the web I found this
>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38027292/configure-a-qt5-5-7-application
>> -for-android-with-cmake/40256862#40256862 as a workaround,  and it works!
> Hey,
>
> Something seems wrong with your CMake version.
>
> You are not trying to something fancy, such as cross-compiling KDevelop, using
> a CMake toolchain file?

No. Just compiling after installing a fresh debian.

After upgrading system (which reinstalled cmake and qt5 libs) I get the
same error again. Probably it has to do with the qt packages on debian:

-- The following OPTIONAL packages have been found:

  * Qt5Gui (required version >= 5.11.3)
  * KF5Parts (required version >= 5.51.0)

-- The following REQUIRED packages have been found:

  * ECM (required version >= 5.14.0)
  * Gettext
  * KF5I18n (required version >= 5.15.0)
  * KF5ItemModels (required version >= 5.15.0)
  * KF5 (required version >= 5.15.0)
  * KDevPlatform (required version >= 5.1.0)

-- Configuring done
CMake Error in CMakeLists.txt:
   No known features for CXX compiler

   "GNU"

   version 8.2.0.

I've again commented out the line

|set_property(TARGET Qt5::CorePROPERTY INTERFACE_COMPILE_FEATURES
cxx_decltype)|

in

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5Core/Qt5CoreConfigExtras.cmake

And now it configures ok.