Error: No known features for CXX compiler compiling kdev-executebrowser

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Wed Jan 9 08:53:56 GMT 2019

On Wednesday, 2 January 2019 19:30:37 CET santilin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> when trying to cmake kdev-executebrowser from
> git://anongit.kde.org/kdev-executebrowser I got the following error:
>
> CMake Error in CMakeLists.txt:
>    No known features for CXX compiler
>
>    "GNU"
>
>    version 8.2.0.
>

> Searching the web I found this
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38027292/configure-a-qt5-5-7-application
> -for-android-with-cmake/40256862#40256862 as a workaround,  and it works!

Hey,

Something seems wrong with your CMake version.

You are not trying to something fancy, such as cross-compiling KDevelop, using
a CMake toolchain file?

Looks like CMake fails to detect your current toolchain (GCC) correctly,
please investigate.

Just tested building kdev-executebrowser with CMake 3.12.1/GCC 8.2.0 here on
Ubuntu 18.10 => works fine.

Regards,
Kevin