D18229: Contextbrowser: Ability to show combined problems and decl tooltip

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 22 11:12:15 GMT 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  This seems like a big productivity progress (can't test it yet because using the 5.3 branch) but I have a concern that it is only a sufficient solution for those of us with (very) big screens. Esp. problem reports can be long, and I've never seen a scrollbar in them, AFAICR. Another concern is that the combined popup might be so big it's going to obscure parts of the code you'd want to keep visible for context.

  More to the point: why show both popups everywhere on the line? Why not simply show the problem report only if there is no context popup? I find that instinctively I "fish" for problem popups on the leading and (esp.) trailing empty parts of a line, probably from a reflex to keep the entire code part unobscured by the popup?

  Pity that no link was made to by bug #385012; I'd have noticed this proposition and raised my concerns earlier...

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D18229