D5447: Only add auto-detected compilers to model if they actually exist

Gleb Popov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 3 16:56:53 GMT 2019

arrowd added a comment.

  In D5447#401247 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D5447#401247>, @mwolff wrote:

  > you are right, this code should essentially do `if (rt->findExecutable(compiler->path().isEmpty()) continue;`, could you introduce that please?

  I got lost in this conversation. Let's break down all these checks.

  Old code:

  - absolutePath. Always `true` now, so can be dropped.
  - QFileInfo::exists(rt->pathInHost()). Should have the condition flipped. Should check if a given absolute path to the compiler exists inside a runtime.
  - QStandardPaths::findExecutable(). If I get it right, it should search for given executable name in runtime's PATH paths, but actually was searching in host filesystem.

  New code:

  - No absolutePath.
  - Fixed QFileInfo::exists(rt->pathInHost()). It now checks if given absolute path in the host also exists in the runtime.
  - QStandardPaths::findExecutable(). Still does something strange.

  So, what's required to get this in? Fix `QStandardPaths::findExecutable()` to search inside runtime?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D5447