what about clangd?

Daniel Mensinger daniel at mensinger-ka.de
Mon Aug 26 17:21:50 BST 2019

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 17:50:35 +0200
Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 5:39 PM Daniel Mensinger <daniel at mensinger-ka.de>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 11:38:22 +0200
> > René J. V.  Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> > existing
> > and move
> > manager
> > >
> > > And another JSON parser than the one from Qt, which fails on larger
> > projects
> > > like digiKam (with a compile_commands.json file that's 87Mb large).
> > >
> > > R.
> > >

> > Wait... seriously? I am using the QT JSON parser for for the meson plugin
> > (the
> > introspection format is also in JSON (but different from
> > compile_commands.json).
> >
> > In that case would switching to nlohmann::json be OK? If yes, were should
> > the
> > header be located in KDevelop?
> >

> It's not as easy to integrate Qt code to the Nlohmann::json as it has no
> knowledge of Qt (and uses the std::string instead), but it's so much easier
> to handle things, and it can handle gigantic json files.
> it also does not know about QVariants. so there's a little of boilerplate
> to write if you use it.
> but it's a really serious project and tried to be as fast and efficient as
> possible.
>
> https://github.com/nlohmann/json
>

> Daniel

Since I am only using the parser to load the introspection data from meson,
the conversion should be fairly easy. I have only used the QT parser because
it was good enought (at least I thought that) and I didn't want to introduce
a new dependency (to increase the chances of getting the plugin merged).

I have already worked with nlohmann::json, so the conversion should be
trivial for me to do. I only need permission and to know where to put the
header :)

Daniel