what about clangd?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 22:22:38 BST 2019

On Friday August 23 2019 15:13:27 Christoph Cullmann wrote:

Hi,

Interesting!

> you can take a look what is possible with clangd via LSP with the Kate
> LSP client plugin.

Any chance that this plugin could work in KDevelop with only minor changes?

> But this is a really orthogonal path to how KDevelop includes language
> support.

KDevelop's C/C++ parser is also based on clang, but depends on the project manager to provide the compiler arguments which means you get good parsing with cmake-based projects, so-so parsing with QMake projects, and hit-and-miss parsing with all other kinds of projects I have ever worked with. That includes autoconf-based projects. Having an optional alternative parser can't hurt, esp. if it can survive crashes in libclang!

If this lspclient already being included in release tarballs?

R.