Issues with Jenkins Builds

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Aug 7 11:11:24 BST 2019

Hi all,

Recently we were affected by a regression within Jenkins, the effect
of which meant that in some circumstances builds would not be
triggered when new commits were introduced.

In addition, the views showing the list of all builds would also not
show the last successfully completed build in some circumstances.

This fault has now been worked around on build.kde.org, and rebuilds
have been initiated of a number of jobs which have been identified as
either affected or potentially affected, which unfortunately will take
the better part of the next day or so for the system to process.

For all those projects not being rebuilt, maintainers are asked to
please check their builds to ensure that the latest build reflects the
current state of their repository. Particular attention should be paid
to stable builds, which are the most likely to be affected by the
above issues.

Should your project(s) builds be affected by this issue (with the
latest build being an old one) then the issue will be corrected by
performing a rebuild manually, after which it should behave properly.

Please respond to this email with the names of the affected projects
and we'll arrange for this if you don't have access to do this
yourself.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley