D15797: [kdev-clazy] : use canonical paths

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 29 13:22:12 BST 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  I think there might be a simpler solution to that situation

  - don't normalise paths when creating the list of commands from compile_commands.json
  - do 2 comparisons when checking individual files: 1 of the verbatim paths (i.e. the current check), and another of the canonicalised paths; if either succeeds it's a hit. I could have thought of that myself: my variant of the check might indeed fail in certain cases where the current check succeeds.

  (I could say your example is contrived, but so are mine so I guess I won't go there :) )

  What do you think, are there other cases where both check variants will fail? The solution above looks like it'll be a lot easier to implement (and maintain) than what you describe.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15797