D15530: kdev-clang : somewhat more complete ObjC(++) support

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 25 21:37:13 BST 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   So let's first please do some effort to have a MIME type id agreed on by others (ideally this would be something done in the Objective-C++ community where you might have your contacts to poke)

  Given that x-objcsrc already exists (in s-m-i) I think there's little chance that something other than x-objc++src would be chosen. But you may have seen that I filed a ticket on Qt's bugtracker. It turns out they bundle a copy of the freedesktop.org.xml db for use on platforms that don't have s-m-i installed (where Qt can find it). That includes the Mac platform. This copy also lacks a definition for ObjC++, yet the Qt sources are the largest corpus of files written in that language that I am aware of, so it would make sense for them to include a mimetype for it in their own mimetypes db.

  Also, the patch I proposed upstream (to s-m-i) has been in use in MacPorts' `port:shared-mime-info`; the type id has never been a topic of debate there. I also notice that Qt Creator uses `x-objc++src` too.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15530