D15625: Sublime: Fix crash caused when all tool view items are small

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 24 12:57:36 BST 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   How exactly is maximumWidth calculated to be 0?

  How would I know? QtCurve is highly configurable, so it doesn't strike me as impossible that the value is actually correct, esp. since all items compared against it also have a zero width.

  Even if it's a local issue it could be outside of our control. I've already run into unexpected situations with fonts, for instance. How do you handle that ... crash and tell the user to use a different font, or provide a protection. That's a question that's not even open to debate IMHO, not if there's a simple and evident fallback like here.

  Any chance that the original bug (384711) is somehow related to QTBUG-16252 and its (reverted) fix in Qt 5.9.6?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15625