D15606: Fix calling qdbus by using qt5-current name qdbus-qt5

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 21 17:18:07 BST 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  In D15606#328516 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15606#328516>, @fvogt wrote:

  > In D15606#328495 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15606#328495>, @kossebau wrote:
  >
  > > In D15606#328493 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15606#328493>, @fvogt wrote:
  > >
  > > > IMO it should just check for both and prefer `qdbus-qt5` if available.
  > >

  > > Yes, that was my starting patch, but then I got unsure about the great picture.
  > >  If going this route, any shell script wizard proposal how to change `checkToolsInPath` in `kdevplatform_shell_environment.sh` to check for both variants, without adding too much boilerplate code?
  >

  > What about this:
  >
  >   qdbus_exe=$(which qdbus-qt5 qdbus 2>/dev/null | head -n1)
  >
  >   if [ -z "${qdbus_exe}" ]; then checkToolsInPath qdbus-qt5; fi
  >
  >   $qdbus_exe $KDEV_DBUS_ID etc.

  Thanks. Small issue I have with this that it would result in the error message only talking about qdbus-qt5, which might be a name not making sense on some platforms. Instead proposing in the updated patch to use some explicit custom code, with custom warning.

  >>   `kdevelop!` I had changed to `if ! [ "$(which qdbus-qt5)$(which qdbus)" ]; then` which should work fine, no?
  >
  > Looks fine to me, but doesn't the other script check for its presence already?

  Not exactly sure why this is, so left that aspect untouched for now.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15606