D15606: Fix calling qdbus by using qt5-current name qdbus-qt5

Fabian Vogt noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Sep 19 20:32:12 BST 2018

fvogt added a comment.

  In D15606#328495 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15606#328495>, @kossebau wrote:

  > In D15606#328493 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15606#328493>, @fvogt wrote:
  >
  > > IMO it should just check for both and prefer `qdbus-qt5` if available.
  >

  > Yes, that was my starting patch, but then I got unsure about the great picture.
  >  If going this route, any shell script wizard proposal how to change `checkToolsInPath` in `kdevplatform_shell_environment.sh` to check for both variants, without adding too much boilerplate code?

  What about this:

    qdbus_exe=$(which qdbus-qt5 qdbus 2>/dev/null | head -n1)

    if [ -z "${qdbus_exe}" ]; then checkToolsInPath qdbus-qt5; fi

    $qdbus_exe $KDEV_DBUS_ID etc.

  >   `kdevelop!` I had changed to `if ! [ "$(which qdbus-qt5)$(which qdbus)" ]; then` which should work fine, no?

  Looks fine to me, but doesn't the other script check for its presence already?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15606