D15532: kdev-astyle : improved ObjC support

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 20 00:23:41 BST 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   Possibly because Qt on macOS uses the macOS mimettype database

  Actually I have mostly been working under Linux on this.

  >   No real clue about Objective-C, but the claim that Objective-C is a supertype to C seems wrong, no? That would need a fix in shared-mime-info then.

  No, ObjC is C with OO extensions, that's not wrong AFAIK.

  I'm still using s-m-i 1.8 though, and I did make an addition to the shared-mime-info db for ObjC++ (lotsa translations snipped):

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!--
    It comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You may
    redistribute copies of update-mime-database under the terms of the GNU General
    Public License. For more information about these matters, see the file named
    COPYING.
    -->
    <!--
    Notes:
    - the mime types in this file are valid with the version 0.30 of the
      shared-mime-info package.
    - the "fdo #xxxxx" are the wish in the freedesktop.org bug database to include
      the mime type there.
    -->
    <mime-info xmlns="http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info">
      <mime-type type="text/x-objc++src">
        <comment>Objective-C++ source code</comment>
        <comment xml:lang="en_GB">Objective-C++ source code</comment>
        <sub-class-of type="text/x-objcsrc"/>
        <sub-class-of type="text/x-c++src"/>
        <magic priority="30">
          <match value="#import" type="string" offset="0"/>
        </magic>
        <glob pattern="*.mm"/>
      </mime-type>
    </mime-info>