Creating Language Plugin not used for new language

Roland Pluess roland at rptd.ch
Fri Sep 14 14:45:32 BST 2018

Looks like I'm again stuck.

I've managed now to get the DUChain building stuff (DeclarationBuilder and UseBuilder) working. The Highlighting works only on found declarations. Any kind of source code highlighting I can not get working.

I've got a Kate Syntax XML file which I used so far. I've also installed this file alongside my plugin. KDevelop sees it in the source highlighting listing and I could select it but it is not selected automatically. Without the Language Plugin the syntax highlighting would be automatically selected but not if I use the Language Plugin.

Any ideas what I have to do to get my Language Plugin to use the Kate Syntax XML I've installed?

The MimeType is matching so this can not be the problem.