D9344: [KDevelop] : [fixed] consistent use of the project name allowing to create multiple projects in a single source tree

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 28 20:59:53 GMT 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   But do they change things behind our back after this method has been entered?

  If you mean "they" = other project managers, then I certainly hope they don't. What I meant to say is that we're dealing here with 2 event-driven callback functions, and that control flow thus can make strange jumps.

  >   I still miss to see how m_url suddenly could be in that state latter in the method. If that happens we should rather fix this from happening, instead of covering over it here.

  I've been doing a lot of tracing in a debugger to understand and iron out the quirks. Sadly I didn't take notes about the exact symptoms prevented by each change, how they were triggered, etc. I'd have to break out the debugger again and try to get a hit on a well-placed breakpoint. Not to tell you to do my work, but it *would* be somewhat more efficient if you tried that too...

  >   I cannot foresee how complicated the complete logic and states for estimating/maintaining a proper project file name/path is.

  I cannot see how this would require a whole class rather than just a single function...

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9344