compiledb-generator and the generic Makefile proj.manager

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 08:44:14 BST 2018

Hi,

About that compile_commands.json from Makefile generator I just posted about (https://github.com/nickdiego/compiledb-generator) :

could it be leveraged from the generic Makefile project manager to make that one a bit more capable? The parsing code is already there and if it's independent enough from the rest of the cmake proj.manager code it would "only" need to be split off into a utility class.

I don't know how much of the legacy cmake proj.manager's feature set is NOT based on the compile_commands.json db; one big difference between it and the generic Makefile proj.manager is that the latter doesn't support using an out-of-source build.dir .

Another thing that's missing AFAIK is a straightforward way to compile just a single file; I think this should be possible when there is a compile_commands.json file that contains the information how to do that.

Stuff for a junior project or GSOC?

R.