Please review kdev-clang-tidy merge commits (was: Re: Merging execution approach)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Oct 8 14:28:49 BST 2018

Am Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2018, 15:13:09 CEST schrieb Friedrich W. H.
Kossebau:
> Am Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2018, 14:27:34 CEST schrieb Friedrich W. H.
>
> Kossebau:
> > EXECUTION
> >
> > Given kdev-clang-tidy plugin code has seen multiple authors, a simple
> > commit with a dump of the current working copy might lose too much info.
> > So semms best the git history of the kdev-clang-tidy gets completely
> > merged?
> >
> > Anyone experienced with that, who could tell what to do or do it
> > themselves? I will do what I can do, but need a helping hand with that
> > nerge bit.
> On #kdevelop I was pointed to https://stackoverflow.com/a/8396318:
> "<kfunk> that's how we've done all the other imports "
>
> I will give that a try then once the merge has been okayed by maintainers.
> Would push to my personal kdevelop repo clone once done, so people can
> inspect it.
>
> Also planning to document things in a subpage of community.kde.org/KDevelop,
> once I get to it.
>
> So that question "How?" has a future set as answer :)

I documented the steps on the community wiki
	https://community.kde.org/KDevelop/Plugin_Repo_Merging

The merge commits result can be seen on my personal clone (pushing the branch
to the official repo was auto-blocked due to >100 commits):

git remote add kossebau-playground kde:clones/kdevelop/kossebau/kdevelop
git fetch kossebau-playground kossebau/clangtidymerge

Please review.

Once okayed, I would then proceed to push onto master (in coordination with
translation sysadmin).

Cheers
Friedrich