Merging execution approach (Re: RFC/call for assistance: Merging kdev-clang-tidy into kdevelop repo)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Oct 4 14:13:09 BST 2018

Am Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2018, 14:27:34 CEST schrieb Friedrich W. H.
Kossebau:
> EXECUTION
>
> Given kdev-clang-tidy plugin code has seen multiple authors, a simple commit
> with a dump of the current working copy might lose too much info.
> So semms best the git history of the kdev-clang-tidy gets completely merged?
>
> Anyone experienced with that, who could tell what to do or do it themselves?
> I will do what I can do, but need a helping hand with that nerge bit.

On #kdevelop I was pointed to https://stackoverflow.com/a/8396318:
"<kfunk> that's how we've done all the other imports "

I will give that a try then once the merge has been okayed by maintainers.
Would push to my personal kdevelop repo clone once done, so people can inspect
it.

Also planning to document things in a subpage of community.kde.org/KDevelop,
once I get to it.

So that question "How?" has a future set as answer :)

Cheers
Friedrich