preamble-XXXX.pch housekeeping

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 10:22:57 GMT 2018

Hi,

Is there any way we could control the temporary preamble-XXXX.pch files KDevelop puts and often leaves in one of the system temporary directories (/tmp on my Linux rig, my own $TMPDIR on Mac)? I haven't been able to find any trace of them in the code so I assume they belong to libclang, but maybe there's a method to tell libclang where it can put its temporary files?

Ideally we'd use a session-specific directory under /tmp or $TMPDIR and empty it at session start and (clean) exit. The kdevelop.YZZZZ files could go in there too.

I thought I brought this up before but can't find any trace, so apologies if indeed I did.

Thanks,
R.