D16218: [KDevelop/Core]: safe signal-handler implementation

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 14 15:07:03 GMT 2018

rjvbb updated this revision to Diff 45458.
rjvbb marked an inline comment as done.
rjvbb added a comment.

  Aaron's last suggestion made me realise I forget a few things when porting the patch back to using QSocketNotifier.
  The shutdown procedure was intended to (and now does) include closing the signal pipe, verifying the descriptor before writing to it makes sense. So does handling failure there by re-raising the signal with the default handler.
  I thought it would be even more robust to move the actual write into the if and check whether it succeeded, after all we want to be certain that these signals are always handled.

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16218?vs=43962&id=45458

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16218