D11136: Make sure we use the same compiler settings as the project is by default

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 15 01:32:08 UTC 2018

apol added a comment.

  In D11136#225789 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11136#225789>, @mwolff wrote:

  > stylistic wise a clear +1, conceptually I still fear this is going to break a lot of things - but not due to your code, but rather due to the broken GCC compatibility in clang. I think we can get this in and then we need to figure out how to handle the clang/gcc compatibility story somehow else... I don't know how, nor do I have time to investigate right now :(
  >
  > Can you just do me one favor please, before you merge: Can you try KDevelop with this patch on a non-cross-compiled CMake project where you use GCC instead of clang for compiling? Does KDevelop work fine in its current form with a recent clang/gcc - or does it break in some horrible ways? If it's OK then I'd say let's merge this. If everything breaks... I fear we need to figure out a workaround first before introducing the breakage to everyone :(

  I don't see how it could break horribly, in the end it's just passing some includes and defines that IIRC we lived without for longtime in kdev4 with reasonable success.
  I commented out the clang option on my system for a bit and will run it like that for the day tomorrow, let's see if I find any odd issues.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

BRANCH
  master