D12527: Remove reimplementation of PartDocument:close() in TextDocument

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 29 22:10:44 BST 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  In D12527#300105 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12527#300105>, @kossebau wrote:

  > Looking at it, why the test fails is clear, Sublime::View destructor only deletes the widget with deleteLater(), so without any DeferredDelete event handler between the widget is still there, other than what the test expects.

  Looking at the history, I could not find any reason for the deferred delete of the widget. . Assuming defensive programming at that time, or perhaps some related issues with ktexteditor.
  Running kdevelop now the next days with the actual widget deleted in sync, so far no issues hit.
  So currently my favourite. Might also remove the need for the delayed mainwindow wrapper destruction again. Let's see :) Would be good to gain more control about destruction timing by that.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D12527