D14391: Fix random order of plugin's config pages

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jul 26 10:21:34 BST 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  Never noticed that randomness, but agree that is not perfect and should be fixed.

  Not perfect though yet would be also the proposed sorting by localized name IMHO:

  - it might separate and reorder child pages belonging to one plugin and being delivered in an order done by design
  - it results in different orders in different languages, making support slightly more difficult between people using different UI locales

  I have not yet looked at the actual logic how the pages are updated on enabling/disabling plugins, so no idea yet where the "randomness" is inserted. But I would hope we could have one place which creates a generic normalized order of plugins which then is reflected also in the settings page order (besides the main category pages which already have a hardcoded order IIRC).

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D14391