D14376: kdev-clang : avoid crash in tests/test_assistants.cpp

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 25 17:02:01 BST 2018

kossebau requested changes to this revision.
kossebau added a comment.

  > This patch prevents crashing when that happens, but is it the most appropriate fix?

  What is your own answer to this? ;)

  Surely there must be something wrong in the internal logic, given that TestBed class seems to try to wrap an instance of a document.  Please try to investigate why the document is not returned from the controller as one would expect by the code.

  Sadly for me locally the tests fails for other reasons, so I cannot give you some results to compare for. CI at least for stable on openSUSE also does not show crashes, only other issues.

  This patch just puts a cover over any potential issues, not good. We should know whether to expect from the documentcontroller to return a document for the given url. Please consider to help by investigating this more deeply.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D14376