Creating Language Plugin not used for new language

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Jul 16 18:43:48 BST 2018

Am Montag, 16. Juli 2018, 19:27:21 CEST schrieb Roland Plüss:
> So I take it then this is not supposed to be the usual way to do the
> parser? From the look of it I though this is how it should be.

"this" = using kdevelop-pg-qt? If so, then I think there is no "usual way",
situation depends on the infrastructure provided around a language.

If there are already parsers providing access to the AST/symbols tables/etc,
and which can be ideally interfaced from C++, then one would try to use those.

If not, then one has to write their custom parser, and kdevelop-pg-qt is one
offer to that approach, with the feature of meshing Qt types into the game,
for those who prefer them.

KDevelop infrastructure itself is parser-tool-agnostic. The DUChain API to
serve/implement takes generic data here.

But again. this is not my domain, already between knowledge and best guess,
just replying another time to not appear ignoring you :)

> Anyways I figured out the problem.

Cool. BTW, are you subscribed to the kdevelop-devel ml? If so, no need to cc:
me. If not, please do subscribe, as you might miss out other replies send
without cc:ing you.

Cheers
Friedrich