Creating Language Plugin not used for new language

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Jul 16 17:59:35 BST 2018

Am Montag, 16. Juli 2018, 18:40:07 CEST schrieb Roland Plüss:
> I tried now getting this Lexer and some simple rules working using
> KDevelop-PG-QT. I'm struggling hard with it since the documentation is
> there but lacking in the details required to get it sucessfully implemented.

If possible, please consider updating those docs you use where it fits. The
original authors of KDevelop-PG-QT are no longer around unless I am mistaken,
any recent activity on the code has been pure Qt5 porting and buildsystem
maintenance.

> My main problem right now seems to be UTF8. I'm using a simple
> test-script consisting of the typical header-GPL-notice, some empty
> lines and one declaration line. The problem is that the
> header-GPL-notice contains my name, and thus a UTF8 only character. The
> Lexer seems to be thrown off my one character there resulting in the
> lexing not working correctly. I have no clue though how I can fix this.

Myself sadly has never even tried to write something using KDevelop-PG-QT,
only twisted some code in it itself to more modern code style. I can just
point to the two places still existing I know which make use of kdev-pg-qt:
	https://cgit.kde.org/kdevelop.git/tree/plugins/qmakemanager
	https://cgit.kde.org/kdev-php.git/tree/parser
though I suspect you already found those.

And hope somebody else is still on the mailinglist which has some deeper
insight and can help you here.

No idea if https://techbase.kde.org/Development/KDevelop-PG-Qt_Introduction is
still relevant, but it has some comments about %input_encoding , just in case
you had really not seen that yet.

Cheers
Friedrich