GSoC: Please help us admins get the Ideas page in shape

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Mon Jan 15 13:00:31 UTC 2018

Heya,

and again this year, surprise: Google Summer of Code is near!

Do we manage to pull it another time?

I think this time some focus on improving *existing* language plugins would be
nice. The last year's GSoC brought us a couple more language plugins which are
(unfortunately) all hanging a little bit in the air. We don't seem to have the
time to properly finish/release them yet.

Ideas welcome!

>From a scheduling point of view: Sadly, I won't be able to mentor a student
this year due to ongoing private obligations :)

Regards,
Kevin

Subject: Please help us admins get the Ideas page in shape
Date: Monday, 15 January 2018, 04:01:59 CET
From: Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com>
To: Kde Soc Mentor <kde-soc-mentor at kde.org>

Hi folks,

I've sent sent out the second email to the devel lists asking people to
please get our Ideas page [1] in shape, using
https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor/defining-a-project-ideas-list.html
as a guide.

Please help us in this effort in every way you can. January 23 17:00 UTC
 is the mentoring organization application deadline. Our Ideas page should
be top-notch by then - well organized, attractive, and full of various
ideas. Right now it still has ideas marked "SoK only"!

This page our open door to our prospective applicants, but more important
Right Now: it is the core of our Org Application to the GSoC Google team.

Please. And thank you.

Valorie

1. https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2018/Ideas

PS: Please ask team members who are prospective mentors if they are on
*this* list yet, and if not, urge them to subscribe *now.* Thanks

--
http://about.me/valoriez