D17858: clang: Also detect Clang builtin dirs at runtime on Unix

Francis Herne noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 29 20:21:59 GMT 2018

flherne requested changes to this revision.
flherne added a comment.

  I'm opposed to the concept of this patch.

  Users shouldn't change the dependencies and expect things to work without a rebuild. KDevelop has a //lot// of build-time conditionals, so that will never be a safe thing to do in general.

  Adding yet another codepath so that changing //one specific library/ 'works' (provided that the CIndex values didn't change, and we didn't add some version-specific workaround, and the path format remains the same in the future...) only encourages people to try that and generate further bug reports.

  We should explicitly advise users **not to do this in the first place**, not add random hacks to workaround arbitrary problems resulting from it.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D17858