D17289: KDevelop/Shell: set dedicated TMPDIR

Kevin Funk noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 3 06:01:39 GMT 2018

kfunk added a comment.

  Okay, trying to keep this short.

  In D17289#370477 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17289#370477>, @rjvbb wrote:

  > I'm not sure what QTemporaryDir would improve here;

  It would implement this feature with around 3 lines of code instead of 18, because it is /exactly/ suited for this use-case.

  > I use a deterministic name for a reason here.

  You can instruct `QTemporaryDir` to use hard-coded names; just do not use "XXXXXX" in the template path passed to it. Less code is preferrable.

  > The relevant Qt Creator code I've seen also sets TMPDIR.

  That's *after* creating the directory. You'd still have to do it here as well.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D17289