KDevelop 5.3 and other releases (avail for final 5.2.4 release work)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Aug 15 15:57:21 BST 2018

Am Dienstag, 14. August 2018, 23:01:23 CEST schrieb Sven Brauch:
> We should definitely do a 5.3 soon, we have lots of features and fixes which
> would be nice to release. I created 5.3 branches in the relevant repos, but
> no tags or tarballs yet.

Happy to see us doing a new minor feature release :)

> I would like to change the stable branch to 5.3 so we can announce a string
> freeze; this means we would not do a 5.2.4 release. Does anybody urgently
> want this to happen, still? Then please scream within the next few days. I
> looked through the log and it does not seem like we have any urgent fixes
> in there (the latest two assert fixes only crash in debug mode).

While I do not know any urgent things, I still would like us to do a final
5.2.4, picking up any last work that had been done on the branch (especially
when it comes to translations improved/added since then, given a few missing
catalogs even were added).

If that is too much work for our binary packages, let us do at least some
source tarball release of that final version, so distributions can pick up
those for the stable version.

Would be here to do the job :) e.g. upcoming WE, before the new stable branch
gets official.

I will see to review the updated https://phabricator.kde.org/D14288 this week.
>From the first version very optimistic this is going to be good to go in :)

> but keep clang-tidy as a
> separately released repo for now. We would try to get both of them into the
> AppImage and windows installer, though (unclear who takes care of that
> still). Also here, if you have a different opinion, let's discuss :)

Yes, feature-wise kdev-clang-tidy is not yet up to where I would like it
(working fixits!). While not sure how quickly I will manage to add that, I
want to get that feature out quickly to users once done, and waiting for 5.4
end of year or next year would be too long (incl. feedback loop).

Cheers
Friedrich