D14633: Fix drag'n'drop behaviour in ProjectTreeView plugin

Vyacheslav Korneev noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 7 00:56:35 BST 2018

vkorneev added a comment.

  Hi @kossebau , you're welcome. Thank you for testing my patch :)

  After some thinking on this subject, I have to admit that you're right - the behaviour proposed by this patch is not very convenient, and now I'm not sure whether it makes things better or worse. As an alternative I can propose another behaviour with automatic closing of the folders which were expanded during the drag.

  The user starts a drag, the folder under the cursor expands and closes again if the cursor is moved somewhere else, or stays expanded if the cursor is moved to the content of this folder. After the drag the state of the project tree view remains the same as before except for the folder which became the drop target (if some drop action has taken place).

  As far as I remember, I've seen such behaviour in some application, but I can't recall where exactly. Long story short, I'll try to implement it and upload it for test. If it fits better - that's good, in other case... well, I'll just move to some next bug :)

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D14633