D14633: Fix drag'n'drop behaviour in ProjectTreeView plugin

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 6 23:40:56 BST 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  Hi @vkorneev thanks for coming up with a patch for that bug report :)

  IMHO though that bug is not necessarily a bug. I find myself often accidentally opening a subfolder (e.g. when mouse does not follow mind ;) ) and especially with large subfolders that gets annoying if one cannot close those folders again.

  I tested your patch e.g. on kdevelop, and while trying to focus a dragged file on a plugin subdir, accidentally a wrong one was opened, upon which I moved the mouse a bit ouf of the way, just to get more unwanted plugin subfolders opening... without a way to undo that and thus with the actual target far away from the viewport.

  So being able to close a folder again in the very same drag movement I would consider rather a feature, like you can open and close a door with your legs while carrying an item with your hands and not having to drop it, just to grab the door handle :)

  I would agree though that the timing of the opening and closening while the mouse is over a folder should be improved, that feels a bit out-of-control on subtle accidental mouse movements.

  Sp personally not in favour of this very patch as it is. Let's have some others give their opinions as well though, not a kdevelop maintainer myself.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D14633