kdevelop, php and xdebug

santilin software at noviolento.es
Fri Sep 29 06:56:08 UTC 2017

Hi, I love developing with KDevelop and I was happy developing in PHP
with KDevelop4. But recently I had to update my debian to version 9 and
now, KDevelop5 doesn't have php-xdebug ported.

I can spare some time (not much really) helping porting php-xdebu to
KDevelop5, but I must admit that although I have a lot of experience
with C++ and Qt, I have never used cmake nor KDevelop libraries.

I have tried to port the CMakeList.txt from php-xdebug to KDevelop5, but
I am not confident as I am used to the GNU autotools world.

Then, I would like you to help me decide on the following two options:

1) (preferred) Join kdev-xdebug with kdevelop-php so that I can start
coding quickly as the CMakeList.txt is already ported and I would add
only the relevant kdev-xdebug files and maybe some libraries

2) Have the kdev-xdebug CMakeList.txt ported to KDevelop5 by someone
with more experience and then I would follow porting the rest of the code.

The option 1 is my preferred as I have always wanted those plugins to
come together and I wonder why are they separated.

Kind regards

--santilĂ­n