v5.1.40 tag?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 09:46:55 UTC 2017

On Monday September 18 2017 11:27:54 Kevin Funk wrote:

>Because git tag's search strategy still finds v5.1.2 first, before the v5.1.40
>tag you've created. That's likely due to the the kdevplatform -> kdevelop
>history merge. Unfortunate but I don't think it's fixable. Not worth spending
>time on it either.

Ah, indeed, if 5.1.40 was "released" before 5.1.2 that would explain things. I guess it's not so unlikely as one could think.
That probably also means that I'll be stuck with a huge commit count after the 5.1.40 tag, even if find an appropriate commit to tag that will be found by git describe.

I'll just wait until you tag the RC, see what it reports for `--version` and then use that in my package versioning.

R.