v5.1.40 tag?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 08:48:05 UTC 2017

On Saturday September 16 2017 14:24:31 Kevin Funk wrote:

>We never tag .40 versions, first tag will be the release candidate version --
>which will pop up soon-ish.

I'm not insisting you do (I'm fine using a local tag). So the main question still is: why does the command I showed not do what I want it to do?

>.40 are no an official pin-pointed versions, something like "5.1.40" in
>CMakeLists.txt is merely for indicating we're "above" 5.1.x for e.g. the about
>dialog.

Yes, and Konsole uses .70 for that. Doesn't matter, I'm just looking for a way to get *numeric* version strings for my devel. package that are both more readable and correspond to the version reported by KDevelop itself.

Cheers,
R.