D7742: KDevelop projects : make use of KDirWatch optional

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 9 08:29:50 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  The only thing I can think of that would really work here is something that would fit in perfectly with providing a per-project setting for this option: a checkbox in the project import/creation wizard. The alternative would be a (yet another!) toolbar button or menu action but 1) users would probably expect those to have effect on open projects too and 2) you'd still have to remember using it before importing that new, huge project.
  Either way, I think a per-session default does make sense, and any other (additional) UI approach is probably going to be much more complex to implement.

  Native Mac applications often provide a button or even drop-down menu on their open/save dialog that give the user control over settings relevant to the open or save action. Is it possible to do something similar with Qt, even when set to use the platform's native dialogs?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7742