minimum required CMake version for 5.2 and master

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 13:41:12 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm slowly preparing my build/packaging scripts for the transition to 5.2 when it hits beta and took a quick look at the CMake file in the 5.2 branch.

I expect that this branch will use CMake's server feature, which I think requires a newer CMake version than 3.0 if you want it to work correctly, no? If so, why not require that as a minimum version in the CMake file, to prevent bad surprises and misunderstandings later on?

R.