D7930: Kdevelop CMake plugin : use canonical paths to build.dir

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 8 20:00:56 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   The test should replicate the situation and show it fail before this patch and then work with this patch. Why is this not possible to do?

  This would mean one would have to write a test that

  - sets up full-blown KDevelop session containing a project that's known to fail under the conditions to test and configure it for those conditions (meaning kdevelop itself)
  - launch the session
  - detect if parsing fails

  Please note that I didn't say it's impossible. I said I don't see a *feasible* way to do it and (implicitly) that I don't think it's appropriate enough to figure out how.

  I have almost no experience writing unittests and as you know I don't have any formal training as a software developer, so I don't know how to explain with better terminology why I think the issue at hand is not something you can check for with a simple automated test. It also doesn't help that I have only encountered this with KDevelop *after* its reorganisation. Yet I've been using the kind of set-up with symlinks for years.

  What I can try to do is to clean up my .kdev4 project file and provide a script that handles setting up the directories and symlinks.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7930