D7745: KDevelop (full) project parsing: defer until all projects have been loaded.

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 24 14:44:33 UTC 2017

kossebau added a comment.

  From a pure conceptual POV this patch makes sense to me. I can also report the user experience that starting sessions with  lots of projects has some short annoying moment, when you have to wait for the projects to appear in the project manager view, so one can finally proceed to the sources one was intending to look at. And Murphy decided it is always the project loaded last which has the files you are for.

  And I have an SSD. Would be curious what the user experience is for setups with poor I/O file storage, e.g. with plain old hard discs or network-mounted filesystems. Is there anyone who could report it?

  It's a short moment in usage time. But can be on a hot path ("gosh, I have to fix that bug/show that code to my boss/mate, let's open the session"). And the actual code proposed to deal with that is pretty small (not yet really looked at). So +1 from principal POV.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7745