D8950: Remove source code of unused CVS support plugin.

Francis Herne noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 22 22:24:32 UTC 2017

flherne added a comment.

  I've tried that (and I believe @kfunk did also).

  It only needs a very minor diff to be loadable:

    -K_PLUGIN_FACTORY(KDevCvsFactory, registerPlugin<CvsPlugin>();)
    +K_PLUGIN_FACTORY_WITH_JSON(KDevCvsFactory, "kdevcvs.json", registerPlugin<CvsPlugin>();)

  It appears to do nothing unless ~/.cvspass exists and is non-empty.

  When creating that, results of various operations (on the 'url' repo as linked here http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=url , just because it was the first one I found):

  - I haven't seen anything displayed in the 'CVS' toolview; it remains blank at all times.
  - 'CVS Commit' raises an error dialog, then segfaults when dismissing it.
  - The 'History' dialog segfaults when opened.
  - 'CVS Add' has no apparent effect (maybe I'm just not familiar enough with what it's meant to do).
  - 'CVS Revert' segfaults.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL